Because dogs are the most popular pet to have, here are some 10 fun dog facts that everyone should know. Enjoy!
1) A dog's nose is their fingerprint
Dogs noses are truly unique from each other. Just like humans have their individual finger prints, every dog has a different nose print.
2) Dogs use the earth's magnetic field when defecating
This one might seem a bit strange to you but apparently, dogs can perceive earth's magnetic fields and tend to align themselves north-south when doing their business.
3) Some dogs have black tongues
The Chow Chow and the Shar-Pei are the only two dog breeds that have fully black tongues.
4) Basenji dogs don't bark
This breed of dog does not bark like other dogs. Instead, they give out an adorable sound that is best described as "yodeling".
5) Dogs use their nose as heat sensor
Dogs' noses can distinguish the heat of room temperature and body temperature of a mammal. Pretty neat, right?
6) Dogs can adapt to their owners stress levels
Did you know that dogs can synchronize their long-term stress levels to those of their owners? Better take it easy from now on!
7) The oldest known domesticated dog breed is called Saluki
This greyhound-looking breed dates back to 329 BC when they were kept as royal pets by humans in ancient Egypt and even got mummified after their death.
8) Dalmatians are born fully spotless
Dalmatian puppies are born with a pure white coat and their first spots usually appear within three weeks of birth.
9) Dogs have paw preferences
More than 75% of dogs have a preference when it comes to using their paws. The majority uses their right paw, however male dogs are more likely to use their left paw.
10) Licking their noses enhances their sense of smelling
The reason dog's noses are so wet is because it makes it easier for them to absorb scents. They even lick their noses to taste the substances, which helps them better understand the smell.